Find a Thrill
- Learn how to wakeboard at SouthTown Wake Park! You can also enjoy the water on their stand-up paddleboards and kayaks or relax in lounge chairs on the lake’s shore.
- Take a trip to Camp Canaan and follow your dreams of flying! Camp Canaan offers their visitors The Canaan Zipline Canopy Tour for a thrilling experience 70 ft in the air. Glide through the air and witness the wild oak forest and beautiful views of the Catawba River
- Straddling the state line, Carowinds theme park has been a Carolina staple since 1973! Not only is Carowinds is home to more than 50 rides and attractions, but it's also famous for its world-class events. Discover these upcoming Carowinds events you don't want to miss!
- Get competitive at Mr. Putty's for a day filled with fun including miniature golf, ropes course & zipline, rock climbing, Mr. Stumpy’s Axe Throwing, and more!
- Grab your fishing rods and bait to Kings Mountain State Park’s Lake Crawford. Here you will be offered fishing access by boat or bank access.
- Take a stroll along the Piedmont Medical Center Trail along the Catawba River or grab a kayak and start paddling! You can access the river via Riverwalk, Fort Mill Dam, or River Park.
- Take a walk through Glencairn Garden of Rock Hill, SC. This landscape has beautiful walking trails where you can witness the blooms of azaleas, dogwoods, wisteria, camellias, and hardwood trees.
- Follow the nature trails of Anne Springs Close Greenway and get lost in the beauty and tranquility of mother nature. With over 2100 acres of beautiful protected greenspace, you can't go wrong with spending the day at The Greenway. The Greenway is open to the public for a small daily fee, but being a member will get you a few perks: special member rates on summer camps, outdoor recreation programs, and special events.
- Feeling adventurous? Rent a stand-up paddleboard from The Goat Boater and head to Ebenezer park or Holley Water Sports and take off from Papa Docs Shore Club!
Visit a Farmer's Market
Grab your wallets and head down to Old Town Famers Market or the Fort Mill Farmer's Market and shop local! Grab some fresh produce, plants, baked goods, farm-fresh produce, and a variety of handmade works by artisans in the area.
Get Festive: Check out these Spring Festivals
The Come-See-Me Festival is back and better than ever in 2022! This year, you'll be able to enjoy friends and family, flowers, frogs, and fun with dozens of things to do around the city. Some of your favorite events are back along with two new additions, Come-See-Me Movie Night and the Come-See-Me Golf Classic. Visit the Festival Events page and start making plans for this beloved Rock Hill tradition. We can't wait to celebrate spring with you!
The Town of Fort Mill is excited to announce its slate of events for the 13th Annual South Carolina Strawberry Festival Week, which kicks off Friday, April 29th, and will culminate in the return of our live festival on Friday and Saturday, May 6 and 7. Following two years of mostly virtual activities, the Town is thrilled to return to its normal slate of events, including the annual Strawberry Pageant, golf tournament, car show, 5K race hosted by the Fort Mill Economic Partners, Downtown Strawberry Jam, and the traditional festival in Walter Y. Elisha Park.
Instead of warming up like we've been doing for the past couple of months, try cooling down with one of York County’s many places for fresh ice cream!
Visit one of our local farms – Bush-N-Vine Farm, Black's Peaches, and The Peach Tree Orchard in York or Springs Farm and The Peach Stand in Fort Mill for some of their delicious vine-to-cone ice cream! Or – visit one of our many local ice cream shops. Discover these York County Ice Cream Spots You Have to Try!