Ready or not, summer is just around the corner! Whether you're accustomed to the heat or you'd rather enjoy activities indoors to avoid it, we have your official York County summer bucket list!
Get Festive with these Summer Events
- York Summerfest is back and better than ever! This year’s festival will be taking place on Aug. 28th in Downtown York, SC. From local vendors and entertainment and night-ending street dance; admission to the Summerfest is Free!
- The City of York will be hosting its Summer Concert Series on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays June through August. This year’s lineup is full of fun and energy for the Summer! Visit the link to check out the lineup.
- Join the Historic Warehouses on White for an awesome evening of shopping, drinks, and good local food First Friday Food Trucks. Hang on the patio while listening to live music and soak up the sunshine. Shop from local vendors and artisans as well during our evening Makers Market.
- Tega Cay's 4th of July Celebration kicks off with the annual Land Parade, followed by the Boat Parade, with the always popular Carolina Ski Show Team. Bring the kids by the Pavilion at the Golf Club for the Splish-N-Splash Summer Bash and join the Tega Cay Lions Club for their annual Fish Fry. The evening wraps up with the city’s birthday party followed by fireworks!
- Food Truck Fridays are back! Join the city of Rock Hill every third Friday of the month for food trucks and entertainment at Fountain Park in downtown Rock Hill.
- The City of Fort Mill just announced a Summer Concert Series! The first concert kicks off on June 19th and each event will feature a DJ, food trucks, beer & wine, games, and more! The best part? The concerts are free!
- Historic Brattonsville's Battle at Huck's Defeat is coming back on July 10th! Historic interpreters, costumed volunteers, and volunteer reenactors will lead a living history reenactment that centers on the Battle of Huck’s Defeat and the nature of the American Revolution in the Carolina Piedmont.
Outdoor Fun in the Sun
- Grab your fishing rods and bait to Kings Mountain State Park’s Lake Crawford. Here you will be offered fishing accesses by boat or bank access.
- Take a trip to Camp Canaan and follow your dreams of flying! Camp Canaan offers their visitors The Canaan Zipline Canopy Tour for a thrilling experience 70 ft in the air. Glide through the air and witness the wild oak forest and beautiful views of the Catawba River
- Follow the nature trails of Anne Springs Close Greenway. This trail includes a huge variety of birds and over 100 species of wildflowers that stretch across the trail.
- Enjoy a nice walk-through of River Park. These 70 acres of land give you access to 3.5 miles of wooded hiking trails, outdoor shelter, and a beautiful view of nature.
- Visit Historic Brattonsville’s Walt Schrader Trails. Take a stroll along their 7 miles trail of nature to relax, get some exercise, and view its distinctive plants and wildlife. While you are there, get a history lesson about the historic landmark!
Hit the Water
- Check out Ebenezer Park right along the shore of Lake Wylie. Get used to their recreational opportunities, such as their playgrounds, picnic shelters, boating area, and swimming area.
- Learn how to wakeboard at Southtown Wake Park! You can also enjoy the water on their stand-up paddleboards and kayaks or relax in lounge chairs on the lake’s shore.
- Splash Pad and family fun at New Centre Park in Clover. This 50-acre park is full of endless family fun for all ages. The Splash Pad will surely cool you down after you play a game of soccer on one of the four lighted fields or even an exciting game of disk golf.
- Cooldown at the new splash pad at York City Park. This outdoor play area is loaded with various sprinklers, fountains, nozzles, and other fun ways to keep you cool while having fun!
- Head to Tega Cay to rent a stand-up paddleboard from The Goat Boater or rent a kayak or pedal boat from Holley Watersports located at Papa Doc's to cool down on Lake Wylie!
Beat the Heat with Sweets
- Visit one of our local farms, Bush-N-Vine Farm, The Peach Tree Orchard, Black's Peaches, or Springs Farm for a variety of handmade ice cream.
- Try something new like rolled ice cream from IC Juicy. As the only rolled ice cream and bubble tea café in Rock Hill, they offer a ton of varieties of ice cream and toppings you can choose from for a sweet treat.
- Not in the mood for a dairy-filled treat? Visit TC’s Shaved Ice!
- You don’t always have to visit the Bagel Boat for their bagels and coffee, visit them for their creamy soft serve ice cream. Don't forget to check in on the Taste Trail while you're there!