Ready or not, summer is officially here! Whether you're accustomed to the heat or you'd rather enjoy activities indoors to avoid it, we have your official York County summer bucket list!
Get Festive with these Summer Events
- York Summerfest is back and better than ever! This year’s festival will be taking place on Aug. 26th & 27th in Downtown York, SC. From local vendors and entertainment and night-ending street dance; admission to the Summerfest is Free!
- The City of York will also be hosting its Summer Concert Series on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays June 9th through August 25th. This year’s lineup is full of fun and energy for the Summer! Visit the link to check out the lineup. The town of Clover will be hosting its 2022 Summer Concert Series at New Centre Park! Join them for live music, food, drinks, games, and more.
- Food Truck Fridays are back! Join the city of Rock Hill every third Friday of the month for food trucks and entertainment at Fountain Park in downtown Rock Hill. Red White, & BOOM is also making a return to downtown Rock Hill with live music, food, drinks, fireworks, & plenty of fun for the whole family!
Mark your calendars! Legal Remedy Brewing is hosting its first-ever Summer Concert Series & Night Market every Saturday night from June 25th to July 23rd. Market shopping starts at 4:00 PM in the parking lot and live music begins at 8:00 PM on the patio! Expect different vendors at our markets each week, for a whole new shopping experience every Saturday night!
Experience how the world kicks up its heels at The Grand Carnivale at Carowinds! Immerse yourself in the electrifying vibe of their Spectacle of Color Parade, the Grand Carnivale King and Queen’s exhilarating procession of cultural traditions from around the globe. Extravagantly decorated floats, mesmerizing street performers, and pulsing rhythms will enchant and delight spectators of all ages.
- York County is packed with festivals that celebrate the 4th of July. Discover them here.
Outdoor Fun in the Sun
- Grab your fishing rods and bait to Kings Mountain State Park’s Lake Crawford. Here you will be offered fishing access by boat or bank access.
- Take a trip to Camp Canaan and follow your dreams of flying! Camp Canaan offers its visitors The Canaan Zipline Canopy Tour for a thrilling experience 70 ft in the air. Glide through the air and witness the wild oak forest and beautiful views of the Catawba River
- Follow the nature trails of Anne Springs Close Greenway. This trail includes a huge variety of birds and over 100 species of wildflowers that stretch across the trail.
- Enjoy a nice walk-through of River Park. These 70 acres of land give you access to 3.5 miles of wooded hiking trails, outdoor shelter, and a beautiful view of nature.
- Visit Historic Brattonsville’s Walt Schrader Trails. Take a stroll along their 7 miles trail of nature to relax, get some exercise, and view its distinctive plants and wildlife. While you are there, get a history lesson about the historic landmark!
Hit the Water
- Check out Ebenezer Park right along the shore of Lake Wylie. Get used to their recreational opportunities, such as their playgrounds, picnic shelters, boating area, and swimming area.
- Learn how to wakeboard at Southtown Wake Park! You can also enjoy the water on their stand-up paddleboards and kayaks or relax in lounge chairs on the lake’s shore.
- Splash Pad and family fun at New Centre Park in Clover. This 50-acre park is full of endless family fun for all ages. The Splash Pad will surely cool you down after you play a game of soccer on one of the four lighted fields or even an exciting game of disk golf.
- Cooldown at the new splash pad at York City Park. This outdoor play area is loaded with various sprinklers, fountains, nozzles, and other fun ways to keep you cool while having fun!
- Head to Tega Cay to rent a stand-up paddleboard from The Goat Boater or rent a kayak or pedal boat from Holley Watersports located at Papa Doc's to cool down on Lake Wylie!
- Spend the day making a splash at Carolina Harbor Water Park at Carowinds! The massive waterpark features everything from giant water slides and wave pools to large play structures and a three-acre kids’ area.
- Looking for an easy group water activity? Tube the Catawba River with your own tube on your own time! Floating from the Dam to Riverwalk Carolinas is about 3.5 hours depending on the river that day, so lather up the sunscreen! You will need to paddle every now and then to avoid fallen trees or stumps, so bring your sense of humor and water shoes in case you need to hop out – there’s usually one brave soul who does!
Beat the Heat with Sweets
- Visit one of our local farms, Bush-N-Vine Farm, The Peach Tree Orchard, Black's Peaches, or Springs Farm for a variety of handmade ice cream.
- Try something new from Bajo Cero San Marcos! Baja Cero San Marcos is a locally owned and operated paletería and nevería that makes popsicles and ice cream from fresh ingredients to create a traditional Mexican flavor.
- Not in the mood for a dairy-filled treat? Visit TC’s Shaved Ice
- Discover these York County ice cream spots you have to try!