It’s officially fall in York County and you know what that means – cooler weather is about to take over! Here are our favorite seasonal activities with our complete list of must-do fall activities in York County this year:
We *beleaf* you'll love these outdoor ideas
As the days pass and the cooler weather sets in, the trees begin to change colors showing us the beauty of nature during the fall season. There are many amazing outdoor spots to go on a long walk or create a fall photoshoot to enjoy nature’s beauty. Activities with views of the most beautiful leaves include:
- Hopping on the water at King’s Mountain State Park and taking a relaxing fishing trip on one of their non-motorized boat rentals for only $20 a day.
- Taking a stroll down one of Riverwalk’s beautiful walking trails.
- Taking the family out for a picnic lunch out on Anne Springs Close Greenway – you can find other great spots to go on a picnic here.
- Getting in one last day out on Lake Wylie before winter comes.
Pick up your fall produce at the Farmer's Market!
When it comes to the fall season, those bright orange pumpkins bring joy to any age group - especially when you get to pick your own right from the patch! Most of York County’s pumpkin patches can be found on local farms that also host farmers markets and other fall fun events! Nothing beats in-season produce from a local farm or handmade goods from local vendors.
- Old Town Farmers Market – you can find local meats, fresh produce, and farm-fresh products from local vendors at 101 E Main St in Rock Hill every Saturday until November 18th from 8am to 12pm.
- Fort Mill’s Fall Market – located at Fort Mill’s Veterans Park, the fall market will be held every Saturday from 8am to 12pm until November 21st. You will be able to purchase produce, farm products, plants/flowers, fall/holiday crafts, gifts and more from local vendors.
Sip on some fall sweetness
What’s better than pumpkin patches? Pumpkin Spice! We all know pumpkin spice flavored coffee is the talk of the town during the fall season, so here are the best places around the county to grab a delicious pumpkin-flavored beverage:
- At Knowledge Perk you can pick up an ice cold pumpkin spice Iceperk – their spin on the classic Starbucks Frappuccino
- Olives Mud Puddle in Fort Mill will help you get your seasonal fall flavors in both hot and cold brews – try one of their warm pumpkin spice lattes.
- York Coffee Roastery in York is a must when you’re on the Western side of York County. They are now offering a pumpkin pie latte or frappe that is sure to satisfy any fall coffee lover.
You can find more of York County’s best coffee shops here.
You'll be fall-ing in love with these date night ideas!
Everyone deserves a fall fun night out to keep date night interesting! Here are some of the best ways to spend a fall evening in York County with your partner:
- Fall Paint and Sip – Olive’s Mud Puddle is hosting paint and sip classes on October 2nd from 6:30pm to 8:30pm and October 3rd from 1pm to 3pm, each session with its own spooky theme. Each session is $45 per person and includes your wine! You can register for these classes here.
- Fall Cooking Class – Follow along with Fort Mill's The Foodie School on Instagram @thefoodieschoolclt to learn how to cook your favorite fall dishes, or sign up to take one of their in-person classes here.
- Unplugged Music Series – Relax and unwind with a cold one while enjoying live music at Amor Artis Brewing in Fort Mill every Wednesday in October from 7pm to 10pm. Make sure to check in on the YoCo Brew Trail!
- Take Tastefully True’s Fall Foodie Bucket List challenge and let your taste palate explore York County with flavors from Tega Cay Coffee Company, Springs Farm Market, and more!