It’s officially fall in York County and you know what that means – cooler weather, pumpkins, and fall festivals are about to take over! Here are our favorite seasonal activities with our complete list of must-do fall activities in York County this year:
We *beleaf* you'll love these outdoor ideas
As the days pass and the cooler weather sets in, the trees begin to change colors showing us the beauty of nature during the fall season. There are many amazing outdoor spots to go on a long walk or create a fall photoshoot to enjoy nature’s beauty. Activities with views of the most beautiful leaves include:
- Hopping on the water at King’s Mountain State Park and taking a relaxing fishing trip on one of their non-motorized boat rentals for only $20 a day.
- Taking a stroll down one of Riverwalk’s beautiful walking trails.
- Taking the family out for a picnic lunch out on Anne Springs Close Greenway – you can find other great spots to go on a picnic here.
- Getting in one last day out on the water on Lake Wylie before winter comes.
Pick the most gord-eous pumpkin in the patch!
When it comes to the fall season, those bright orange pumpkins bring joy to any age group - especially when you get to pick your own right from the patch! Most of York County’s pumpkin patches can be found on local farms who also host farmers markets and other fall fun events! Nothing beats in-season produce from a local farm or handmade goods from local vendors.
Here’s a list of places to check out local produce and U-Pick pumpkins:
- Black’s Peaches - the oldest peach farm in the state - with fall activities ranging from a pumpkin patch and a corn maize to fall games for the children. You can read more about York County’s oldest peach farm here!
- Bush-N-Vine Farm - offers a fall festival along with a beehive observatory, walking trail for a self-guided tour around the farm, and a pick-your-own pumpkin patch!
- Curtin Farms - not only will they have a pumpkin patch, but they also have a whole farm full of animals for you and your family to get to know!
- Old Town Farmers Market – you can find local meats, fresh produce, and farm fresh products from local vendors at Legal Remedy Brewing in Rock Hill every Saturday until November 8th from 8am to 12pm.
- Fort Mill’s Fall Market – located at Fort Mill’s Veterans Park, the fall market will be held every Saturday from 8am to 12pm until November 21st. You will be able to purchase produce, farm products, plants/flowers, fall/holiday crafts, gifts and more from local vendors.
Find more fall farm fun activities across York County you have to check out here.
Sip on some fall sweetness
What’s better than pumpkin patches? Pumpkin Spice! We all know pumpkin spice flavored coffee is the talk of the town during the fall season, so here are the best places around the county to grab a delicious pumpkin-flavored beverage:
- At Knowledge Perk you can pick up an ice cold pumpkin spice Iceperk – their spin on the classic Starbucks Frappuccino
- Olives Mud Puddle in Fort Mill will help you get your seasonal fall flavors in both hot and cold brews – try one of their warm pumpkin spice lattes.
- Virgin Bean Coffee Company is the best stop in Clover if you need a sweet treat! We recommend grabbing one of their warm pumpkin chocolate chip muffins!
- York Coffee Roastery in York is a must when you’re on the Western side of York County. They are now offering a pumpkin pie latte or frappe that is sure to satisfy any fall coffee lover.
You can find more of York County’s best coffee shops here.
Ghosts, Ghouls, and Festivals - oh my!
If you want to get outdoors, explore the county, and hang out with the locals, be sure to have a few fall festivals and ghostly tours added to your to-do list! Towns across the county host some of the best fall festivities around, each with its own theme and activities for all ages! Here are a few of the best fall festivals and events to attend this year:
- Annual Fort Mill Scarecrow Crawl – Enjoy walking through downtown Fort Mill and seeing all of the creative scarecrows by businesses, groups, individuals and teams from October 9th through October 31st
- Lanterns & Legends – If you’re looking for a fright, keep an eye out for downtown Fort Mill’s walking ghost tour with the Fort Mill History Museum. Guests will enjoy learning about Fort Mill’s history and listening to some spooky local ghost stories!
- Mr. Putty’s Scream Fest – Also known as Frightmare! On Dam Rd. is York County’s only Haunted House attraction. There are Open Air Scare Zones, Haunted Miniature Golf, Zombie Axe Throwing, Food Trucks, and SO much more for your family to enjoy every Friday and Saturday in October at Mr. Putty’s Fun Park! $15 General admission includes haunted house admission all other activities are priced per activity.
- 27th Annual Apple Harvest Festival – Windy Hill Orchard is hosting their 27th Annual Apple Harvest Festival from 9am to 6pm on October 17th. Make sure you pick up a delicious apple cider donut paired with a glass of fresh cider while you check in on the YoCo Brew Trail!
- Family Movie Nights – the Town of Clover will be showing The Addams Family for a throwback of a good time at the Clover Amphitheater on October 10th as part of their Movies in the Park series. Check in begins at 6:30pm with the movie starting at 7:30pm. Pre-register for the event here and check back for more drive-in movie times throughout the month!
The City of York will also be hosting a family movie night with their Movies Under the Stars series kicking off with a showing of Trolls World Tour on October 9th. Registration is required – reserve your spot here!
You'll be fall-ing in love with these date night ideas!
Everyone deserves a fall fun night out to keep date night interesting! Here are some of the best ways to spend a fall evening in York County with your partner:
- Fall Paint and Sip – Olive’s Mud Puddle is hosting paint and sip classes on October 2nd from 6:30pm to 8:30pm and October 3rd from 1pm to 3pm, each session with its own spooky theme. Each session is $45 per person and includes your wine! You can register for these classes here.
- Fall Cooking Class – Follow along with Fort Mill's The Foodie School on Instagram @thefoodieschoolclt to learn how to cook your favorite fall dishes, or sign up to take one of their in-person classes here.
- Unplugged Music Series – Relax and unwind with a cold one while enjoying live music at Amor Artis Brewing in Fort Mill every Wednesday in October from 7pm to 10pm. Make sure to check in on the YoCo Brew Trail!
- Take Tastefully True’s Fall Foodie Bucket List challenge and let your taste palate explore York County with flavors from Tega Cay Coffee Company, Springs Farm Market, and more!