Chris Hope is a class of 1998 Rock Hill High School alum who went on to play for Florida State University. Upon graduation, he was drafted in the third round of the 2002 NFL by the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he was influential in their Superbowl XL win against the Seattle Seahawks.
To see more Football City USA stars, click here.
- What is your favorite ride at Carowinds?
Carowinds is an awesome attraction for families in York County. My favorite ride there was Thunder Road when it was still around!
- What is your favorite restaurant in York County?
My favorite restaurant in York County is The Shrimp Boat - they have great food.
- What do you always order when you go there?
Every time I'm there I order the Calabash Shrimp Dinner fried hard with fries & hush puppies. So good!
- Do you have a favorite “guilty pleasure” place you stop at when you visit York County?
I love PW's Ice Cream!
- What’s your favorite outside activity in York County?
To get outdoors, I really enjoy running and working out at the track/field at one of the high schools
- What do you think of the Panthers coming to Rock Hill?
The Panthers coming to Rock Hill as a kid who loved football, is a dream come true! Unfortunately, it’s about 20 years too late for me. but it’s going to wonders for the growth and overall development of our city.
- What has changed most about York County since you lived here?
I’ve been very intentional about making it my mission to ALWAYS come back and spend quality time in my hometown. So, don’t take this the wrong way when I say that I don’t feel like much has changed. When I say “hasn’t changed”, I’m referring more to how people respect and treat each other. How everyone still knows one another and how good relationships are still the core value or the very foundation that our city stands on. So not drifting away from that principle is a great thing to me. Of course, buildings are taller and nicer, downtown is amazing, and there seems to be more community celebrations for the locals to participate in. But for the most part, I feel like I’ve never left when I’m home.
- What would you like to see come to York County next?
I would love to see Winthrop University get a college football team!
- Who was your rival high school?
I went to Rock Hill High, so our big rival in games was with Northwestern. Go Bearcats!
- A trip back home to York County isn’t complete without…
A trip back home to Rock Hill isn’t complete without spending time with my family and close friends, of course, and then making a visit to Rock Hill High School.
Chris Hope's #FootballCityUSAFaves