The Carroll School

Visit Website
  • Details

    The Carroll School was built in 1929 as part of the Rosenwald initiative. The Rosenwald School Building Program was funded by Julius Rosenwald, President of Sears, Roebuck and Company, with an idea to build quality schools for African American children. There were more than 5,300 Rosenwald schools left, but they are now listed as endangered properties. The Carroll School is now used by the Rock Hill School District for educational experiences outside the classroom.