When it comes to the South, Barbecue is king. Debates over which sauce and which style are hot topics, especially on the Carolinas state line.
We rounded up the top spots for BBQ in all of our communities in York County, so you can get your fix no matter where you are.
- Dixie Pig: Two locations for twice the fun. You’ll see the smoker going daily to get you the freshest barbecue out there. Try one of the Signature Plates, you get two sides. Visit Dixie Pig in either Rock Hill or Tega Cay. Visit their website here
- Courtneys BBQ: You can’t miss this awesome dive in Clover. This family run business has award winning ribs, pulled pork, and smoked chicken. If you’re not in the mood for bbq, try the shrimp boil instead. This place has it all. Check out their website for all the details.
- Sonny’s BBQ: This is Rock Hill’s go to. They’ve been smoking for 50 years, so you can understand why. Try the Sonny’s Sampler of Pulled Pork, Sliced Brisket, 1/4 BBQ Chicken and Sweet & Smokey St. Louis Ribs. You can’t go wrong with anything. Click here for a full menu.
- Yorkville Smokehouse & Catering: How does Black Angus Beef Brisket straight from the smoker to your plate sound? Head to York for some of the best BBQ around. Follow their Facebook page for the latest specials.
- 521 BBQ & Grill: Butts smoked for 14 hours and sent straight to your plate? Yes, Please! Their specialty is ribs and their sauce. To keep track of their menu and specials, follow their Facebook page here.
So don’t just sit there with your mouth watering, head out today for some awesome bbq at places where macaroni and cheese is definitely a vegetable.