It’s already the second week of October, which means Christmas will be here, like tomorrow. That means it’s time to get those family photos together in your perfectly coordinated outfits with the picture perfect red leaves that are just about to fall.
We put together a list of top locations across the county that you can explore for family photos. We can’t wait for you to share your York County family photos with us!
- Lake Wylie Dam– Fort Mill Side
- Westminster Park — Rock Hill Side
- Cherry Park in Rock Hill
- Tega Cay Beach Club Park
- Tega Cay Memorial Gardens
- The Covered Bridge at the top of Rock Hill’s Riverwalk — parking and bathrooms at the top!
- Main Street Feel — I especially like shooting in Fort Mill’s main street and Baxter Village
- Kingsley Town Center in Fort Mill — interesting architecture as well as a pretty pond and decks (and terrific restaurants!)
- The Courthouse in York on Main Street
- Glencairn Gardens in Rock Hill
- Draper Wildlife
- Winthrop University Campus — Weekends Only
Several of our farms in York County and the Anne Springs Close Greenway also allow professional photography, but for a fee. Please be respectful of that and call ahead or research online for specifications.
Don’t forget to tag us in your family photos on social media with #VisitYorkCounty!
List contributions provided in part by Carissa Rogers Photography.