It’s National Dog Day! The one day during the year that you can spoil your furry friend to your heart’s delight. Okay, we know that’s probably every day at your home, but why not have an excuse to celebrate Fido.
If you’re looking for dog-friendly activities, York County is your destination.
- Kings Mountain National Park: If you’re looking for a workout that will leave you and your pup feeling accomplished, head to Kings Mountain National Park. With trails ranging from 1.5 miles to a hefty 16 mile loop, there’s an adventure for every person. Just make sure you keep your dog on a leash at all times. You can get details of those trails, by clicking here.
- Mary Warner Mack Dog Park: Located on the Anne Springs Close Greenway, this park is a dog’s dream. It features over 12 acres of enclosed space for dogs of all size. There’s also an off lease trail. You do have to sign up for a $10 monthly membership to use this park, but your dog will thank you multiple times over.
- Anne Springs Close Greenway: If you’re wanting just to hike with your dog, you can visit this 2,100 acre park in Fort Mill keeping your dog leashed. There are 40 miles of trails, including a suspension bridge. Plenty of instagram worthy places to take your pooch’s photo. To learn more about the greenway, click here.
- Central Bark: This Central Bark is located off of New Gray Rock Rd in Tega Cay. It is a 6,000 sq. ft. track of land that has both open space and trees so “man’s best friend” has plenty of room. There are benches as well as doggie stations located at Central Bark. There’s an annual fee of $25 for 1 dog and $10 for each additional dog. For more information, click here.
- Spencer Park and Dog Park: If you’re looking for a free option in York County to stop in with your dog. Spencer Park and Dog Park in Rock Hill is your spot. This park is fun for the whole family. It includes picnic tables, basketball courts, and a playground. To get more information, click here.
- Piedmont Medical Center Trail: If you’re wanting to take the pup for a walk along the Catawba River, this is it! The 2 1/2 mile trail, is perfect for an afternoon adventure. Dogs are allowed on a 3′ leash. For more information, click here.
- Brewery Visit: Socialize your pup, while you’re catching up with friends. Many of the breweries in York County allow dogs somewhere on property. Click the name of each brewery to see their specific policy: Legal Remedy, Amor Artis
- Dinner with the dogs: What’s dinner without your pup? There are several restaurants in York County that allow pups on the patios. Some of those include Amelie’s in Rock Hill, Millstone Pizza in Rock Hill, Hobo’s in Forth Mill, Bruster’s Ice Cream in Fort Mill will even make a sundae for your pup. Please make sure and contact each restaurant before bringing your pup.
- Dogma & Fetch: This boutique pet store in York has every treat, toy, and specialty item to make your pup feel pampered. Make sure you click here, to see all they have to offer!
- Dirty Dog Depot: After a full day of activities, get that pup pampered at Dirty Dog Depot in Fort Mill. They also have a pet supplies section and kennels. Find out more about them, here.
Make sure and take a pic of your dog when you Visit York County and tag us on Facebook or Instagram. If you use the hashtag #visityorkcounty we will be able to see your photo and share it! Enjoy your day out with your pup!