Updates From Visit York County Regarding COVID-19
March 15 4:58
The Visit York County Visitor Center will be closed starting Monday March 16th through the end of the month.
March 13 6:19 PM
Visit York County continues to closely monitor coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as it relates to South Carolina and York County in general. Our main focus continues to be the well-being of York County's community and its visitors. While this is an ever changing situation, we are continuing to communicate with state officials and our local partners on COVID-19's impact locally. While Visit York County's Visitor Center remains open, we are limiting visitor exposure to brochures and offering extra cleaning measures. We will continue to follow all state and national mandates. You can find future updates on our COVID-19 Updates page here.
March 13 2:57 PM
Governor Henry McMaster has declared a state of emergency in South Carolina regarding the COVID-19 Pandemic. We are following all state mandates as they are issued.
March 11 3:17 PM
Today Visit York County participated in a conference call with Governor Henry McMaster and South Carolina Parks Recreation and Tourism Director Duane Parrish, where we were urged to operate business as usual in regards to COVID-19. While we understand the seriousness of COVID-19, we are encouraged by state partners to be careful, but not to panic. That is the same message we are sharing with our hospitality partners in the hotel, attraction, and restaurant industries. While Smith Travel Research reported hotel occupancy was down 5.4% across South Carolina March 1st through the 7th, York County saw a 4% increase year over year in occupancy. York County has been minimally impacted thus far by COVID-19 interruptions, which includes the postponing of the College Disc Golf Championship at Winthrop University and Baxter Village’s St. Patrick’s Day Festival. As a predominantly drive-to destination, we are focusing on supporting our hospitality partners by urging extra precautions for cleanliness in our destination, but spreading the message that York County is open for business. At Visit York County’s visitor center, we are following the state’s welcome centers operation plans to rigorously clean our visitor center often, but remain open. We will continue to be vigilant in doing our part in diminishing the spread of COVID-19 and communicating state plans with our appropriate partners. We will provide any updates on canceled or postponed events as that information is passed along.
List of Delayed/Canceled Events:
- Baxter Village Spring Fling/St. Patrick's Day - Canceled
- Fort Mill Shamrock Main Street Jam - Canceled
- Clover's St. Patrick's Day Festival - Canceled
- Old Town Rock Hill St. Patrick's Day Festival - Canceled
- Carowinds Amusement Park Delayed Opening: April 3
- Always Live Basketball (March 14-15 at Rock Hill Sports & Event Center): Canceled
- Big Shots Basketball Spring Nationals (March 21-22 at Rock Hill Sports & Event Center): Canceled
- Underexposed Film Festival yc: (March 25-28 across York County): Postponed to Fall
- Winthrop Track & Field Invitational (March 26-28 at Winthrop University): Canceled
- Rivals Camp Series (March 28-29 at Nation Ford HS): Postponed
- USA Football Regional (April 4 &5 at SouthPointe HS): Postponed
- SIAC Track & Field (April 17-19 at Winthrop University) - Canceled